The mission of the Military Affairs Committee is to support the success of military-affiliated students, staff, and faculty by advocating for veterans, their dependents, and other military-affiliated community members and by advising the University Administration on policies, practices, and environments commensurate with their unique needs, capabilities, and contributions.
Responsibilities of the Military Affairs Committee
- To investigate the needs of current and prospective military-affiliated community members and to examine national promising practices for creating and maintaining military-friendly educational institutions;
- To advocate for veteran and military-friendly campus infrastructure, policies, and procedures based on student and employee needs and promising practices;
- To make recommendations to the University Administration regarding desirable campus policies and services for student-veterans, dependents, reservists, ROTC cadets, and other military-affiliated students and personnel on campus, providing reports as needed to accomplish this mission;
- To serve as a resource for the campus community regarding military-community matters;
- To continue in advocacy on behalf of veterans, their dependents, and other military and military-affiliated personnel in recognition of the sacrifices that veterans and their families have made in service to our country.